Monday, April 15, 2019

Various And Sunday*

I never thought I'd be glad the sky was overcast, but I was yesterday; I was able to get to Kimball and walk without risking blindness. An added bonus was that I saw four stately herons--they must have been three feet high--in the grassy middle of the park.
Home, breakfast, then I settled into the Sunday crossword, as usual. After that, I finally got some hanging  done, such as little chores done. I can be a terrible procrastinator and my staging area for what I need to do is, of necessity, the kitchen table. I had so much spread out on it, I hardly had room to eat and I was glad to clean it up.
I got an e-mail from my friend, Aline, in Jersey, with her picture of her niece, Penny, now 16. She was adopted as an infant from China by Aline's brother, who's Jewish and teaches at the New School in NYC, and his ex, Regina, who's Italian. Hey, there's a nice ethnic mix there. In return, I sent Aline a pic of adorable Mr. K., 5, playing the piano at his recital.
Went out for lettuce, cling wrap, and stuff. Had lunch, then called Stella, as I had promised to do. I told her I'd be at the Crown Plaza on The Promenade at 3:00 and she said she might meet me there. As it turned out, she didn't; called to say she had to "read something." That was fine by me, as it was downright chilly next to the ocean and I didn't want to linger.
Hopped the bus home, stopped at Von's for several items, and was in for the night.
*I thought of that pun the other day and couldn't wait to use it!

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...