Tuesday, April 23, 2019

Here And There

Walked Kimball. After breakfast, I pondered the errands and chores I wanted to get done. Decided to go out and hunt for blueberries (found them again at Target), got cottage cheese and Dave's Killer Bread (the only kind I eat), then headed to Lowe's.
There I found a beautiful flowering vine called "Red Parasol." I see it growing a lot around here and I love the bright pinkish-red, trumpet-shaped blossoms. I also found a perfectly lovely trellis at Lowe's. I had thought I'd get a wooden one, but this is metal and has dragonflies on it. Besides that, I picked up three more "painted lady" (not sure if that's what they're called) plants and will add them to the five others that line the front of the patio. They're the last annuals I want to buy--I definitely want mostly perennials, so I don't have to plant every year. (Of course, that statement is anything but firm.)
After lunch, I bussed to town. Walked what I consider the medium loop: not as long as the major one (four miles), but longer than the minor (about one and a half). El called while I was there to confirm that she and Greg are going to San Luis Obispo overnight, so could I feed Sebastian? Sure, although I may or may not stay over.
Stopped at one of the thrift stores and found a terrific small wooden cabinet that may be meant as a jewel box, but I'll use on my desk for paper clips, pens, and so on. Paid a big $5.38 for it and happily took it on the bus. Called Nancy to say I couldn't go to the movie and wine today because of the kitty care. That was okay, as she's working on one of the knitting challenges from this knitting club she's in. Boy, I'd rather knit than hang by my thumbs for three days, but otherwise...
While riding home, I felt a little down and a lot bewildered, as I always do when I contemplate my poor brother and sister--The Zombie and Little Miss Mental. I still can't really grasp that they're gone and won't be back. Some strangers have taken their places and I don't like them much. Damn, why them and why this? But...why not?

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...