Sunday, April 14, 2019

Big Sun And Books

Big hot sun again, so I walked the long block. After breakfast, I walked to the post office, and that totalled more than around Kimball. On the way home, I noticed that Friends of the Library was having its semi-annual used book sale at Von's. Went over and saw Carole. Chatted with her and was sorry to hear that her eyes (I can't quite remember what the problem is) have worsened and that Vane's dog died. We chatted a bit and I bought "a bag of books" for three bucks. Good grief, I have a bookcase full I haven't read yet, plus I'm constantly at the library. I did subtract some of the ones I already had and will donate them to the library.
Put in a load of wash and occupied myself with that in the morning. I finally logged back into the idiotic "ORIGINAL $5.00 TRAFFIC SCHOOL!" site, which is simply a scam that gets the county money. Now I'll have to actually start studying the crapola ("Why are there traffic laws?"--AAGH!) because I have to complete it before May 8.
After lunch, I took off for town. Walked from Main to The Promenade, then did what I call "the large loop," meaning walked from the Crown Plaza to Surfers' Point, then followed the bike path back up to Main and the library. I calculate that's four miles, so combined with the morning trek, I'm in good shape. Stopped into the library and picked up a small book by Stephen King. (Yes, that's all I need--another book, after buying--!)
On the bus home, I got a call from Stella--this was after five o'clock, for Pete's sake. She had gone to mass at the Mission (which I had passed less than an hour before), so we missed each other again. I said I'd call her today and maybe we'd meet if Ellen didn't have anything in mind.
Home and I cut up Brussels sprouts and mushrooms to get them ready for dinner. I had a nice piece of fresh salmon, too, and all together, it was a good dinner.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...