Friday, April 12, 2019

An Argument And Oxnard

Walked Kimball. Went to Rob's Remedies after breakfast. Rob drove me home, then drove my car back. I had told him I didn't have anything pressing yesterday, so I didn't need it quickly. Actually, I wanted to sit down and compose my little "Dolly  Dimple" playlet for T.O.P.S. this morning, so it was just as well. I got D.D. done and I think it's pretty cute. I wrote it in verse and will have each member say a stanza. I also had time to prep--slice and season--some nice yellow squash and onions and put them in the slow cooker.
Rob called at noon to say the car was done. He drove it back and presented me with the bill. WHAT?! $67.43 for an oil change? I couldn't believe it and I was very vocal in telling Rob that. He pointed out he had done other things (I hadn't asked for them) and that he uses special oil. That oil alone came to thirty bucks! He finally said to give him fifty. I said, "Fifty? Why should I give you fifty? I complained to Pep Boys about $39.95!" We settled on forty and I wrote him a check.
I guess it was partly my fault for not asking how much it would  be in the first place, but it was his for not volunteering the information. He told me he was actually a repair shop, he doesn't usually just do oil changes. Really? Then why did he give me an appointment in the first place? Anyway, I drove him back and by the time we got to his place, we were more or less okay and on a friendly footing.
After that, I needed peace and quiet, as well as lunch. Ate, then set off for the bus to town, but instead, I impulsively got on the one to Oxnard. Did the trek to The Collection to see Greg at Whole Foods, darn, he was off again.  Waiting for yet another bus to take me to the bus to get back to Ventura, I called El to tell her. One of these days, I'll find out ahead of time when he's working. I didn't really mind, though--my whole reason for taking busses, whether to town or Oxnard, is to get my necessary walking in, which I did.
By the time I got home at 5:00, it had gotten very warm and I changed into shorts and a tee shirt. I'd never wear that getup outside, but I was comfortably cool.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...