Tuesday, April 30, 2019

Tangling With The Law Yet Again

Walked Kimball a little later than usual, but saw Irene, Diane, Carolyn, Bob, and Hazel (woof!).  After breakfast, I was determined to finally settle down to the on-line Traffic School thing I have to do. Spent two hours on that, then had lunch and left for town.
While on the bus, I checked my e-mail and saw the Informed Delivery notice I get from the post office. But what was this? Oh, no--a communication from the police department and one from Superior Court! I was pretty sure they concerned--again--going through a red light and I was positive my license had been suspended, as this was the second such violation in less than a month.
I was tempted to get off at the next stop and immediately board a bus for home, but I forced myself to stay on. Got off at my usual, walked to The Promenade, then did the shorter loop, and got a bus home.
Got in at 4:00, and, with fear and trembling, picked up my mail. Yes, damn it, it was a citation for going through a red light, the fine now $541 dollars--that's a hundred and one more than the last one. I don't know if that's because it's a second violation or the fine just want up. Yes, I'll go to court and hope to get it reduced, but it's still going to be a bundle. Also, I'm not sure how that complicates matters when it comes to that damn traffic school.
However--oddly enough, I'm not nearly as upset as I had been. Not knowing what the court letter said until I opened, I was sure I wouldn't be allowed to drive, but that isn't the case. The money part is bad enough, but this just makes my decision to sell the car easier--I'm going to do it.
After absorbing this news, I went out in the garden to relax. Suzanne looked over our mutual wall and I invited her to come over and see my plantings. She did, oohed and aahed, then we sat for a chat. I then went over to see her garden, which is so beautiful. She has hydrangeas, geraniums, gorgeous roses, and other flowering plants, plus a number of herbs.
Here's my trellis and red parasol, which Ellen planted for me. Soon, I hope it will climb up, then onto the wall.
I'm off to Santa Barbara in a few hours to lunch with Betty.


3 comments:

iloveac said...

You must take photos at intervals so we can enjoy your pretty flowers.

iloveac said...

So good you have learned how to use public transportation so easily. We don't have good public local transportation here. We do have a van that takes folks to shopping malls etc twice a week etc, but nothing like yours. You were smart to live where you do. It doesn't sound like you've used your car much in the recent past anyhow. You'll save big time on car insurance, gas and upkeep too.

Mimi said...

Pat, you're right. I'm glad you mentioned those things; it actually is fairly easy for me to get around without a car. Of course, I know I'll be missing it on certain occasions, but I think I can function pretty well without it.

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...