Saturday, April 13, 2019

A Blazing Ball And Blueberries

Again, the sun was like a blazing ball of--well, a blazing ball, and I didn't want to chance driving to Kimball. I simply walked around the rather long block and let it go at that. I needed time to finish up  my little "Dolly Dimple" skit, anyway.
At T.O.P.S., I was surprised and pleased to see I had lost two pounds--am now at 129.3--so I was the biggest loser. That meant I won the biggest loser jackpot, quarters which everyone contributes to and which I think is the stupidest idiocy ever. The skit went over very big. I was surprised that our leader, Lennie (the retired minister's wife) actually exhibited a spark when she read her lines. Anyway, they loved it and, because it took only a short time, I instituted a discussion after on the various points in the skit.
Finally got breakfast at 10:30. I then went on a grocery run to four different stores and got everything I needed and wanted, including--yay!--blueberries. That took almost until lunchtime, but before then, I cut up tomatoes and onions, oiled and seasoned them, and popped them in the oven. After lunch, I rode the bus to town, during which I got a call from a loved one and had an enjoyable talk.
Dropped the CD (on JFK's sister, Kathleen) off at the library, walked to The Promenade, did the loop to Main, rode home, and stopped at Vons's to get rotisserie chicken, eggs, and salmon.
What I must do now is concentrate on that damned Traffic School thing.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...