Monday, April 29, 2019

Sunday

I didn't get up until 6:00, having decided not to set the alarm. I knew the park on Kimball didn't open until 7:00 on Sunday, so walked late, but that was okay. I had breakfast late, too, and sat for an hour or so after, contentedly doing the Sunday crossword.
I then spent an incredible amount of time on the Von's Monopoly game. You can win lots, including a million dollars in cash, a vacation home, and college tuition. Hmm, after an hour of opening, separating, and putting in order a billion tiny pieces of cardboard, I found I had won---zilch. I didn't even get the five dollars in groceries prize. Humph!
Went to WinCo for fajitas, spinach, and yogurt. Home and had lunch--late--and mused about whether to bus to town or not.
Not. The weather was just as chilly, damp, and overcast as it's been the last few days, so I nixed it. Instead, I went to the Hill Street branch of the library. Brought back a book and took out two, including one by a woman who used to teach in a university and now has dementia.
Speaking of which--Betty called, quite upset because she said she didn't know the furniture wasn't sold with the house. I didn't, either, actually, but no biggie. Unfortunately, it is for her; she said she "has to" go back to Jersey to deal with the furniture. Of course, she doesn't, and wouldn't be able to, anyway. Well, I'll see her tomorrow at my regular visit.
The sun came out--happy day!--so I tackled the garden. I transplanted one plant to behind my little girl (Al-El, she's Arabic, and named for my two girls) finally, and I think it looks better. I also moved some of the potted things around and finally put in two of the new painted ladies. I'm just not sure what I want to do with the other. Watered and cleaned up a bit, swept the patio, and it looks pretty good.
I did go out about 4:00 and walked the neighborhood, a mile or so. Stopped at Von's to examine the 180 a pint "ice cream." Not sure if I want to risk buying and eating it, though. I decided against it.

No comments:

Saturday

Instead of taking my usual sandwich when I meet Diane for lib lunch, I made a salad. Walked over the footbridge, dropped the book off at the...