Tuesday, April 09, 2019

Here And There And Variegated Plants

Walked Kimball in surprisingly mild weather. After breakfast, I went to Wal-Mart, thinking I might exchange one of the jeans I had bought for the next larger size. I had gotten an 13 which, as always happens with me, fit perfectly in the  legs and were just a little snug at the waist. However, they didn't have a 15, so I decided to keep the other.
Got a call from Jordana, who had conducted the Alzheimer's program at the hospital. She had responded to the questionnaire I filled out and we had a good talk. I asked where I could volunteer for a research study; she told me Dr. Sutton, of Oxnard, and gave me his number. However, when I talked to one of the research staff, she said it was restricted to those 65 to 75. Well, screw them.
Went for blueberries, got them,  and saw some darling little plants. I don't remember what they're called, but they're pink, variegated with black markings.  I've always liked them and bought six for the patio. Planted them after lunch and they look so pretty.
Since I'm going to an advance directive workshop soon, I dug out my already-done one which I did when Pat was ill. I'll take it with me and ask if it's valid in California, too.
Hopped the bus, stopped at the library, then walked to The Promenade. This time, instead of the shorter loop, I did the longer one, which meant my walk totaled about four miles. I was pleased about that.
Leaving for Santa Barbara shortly for lunch with Betty.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...