Wednesday, April 17, 2019

Santa Barbara

Walked Kimball under light clouds. After breakfast, I left for Santa Barbara, arriving, as usual  at 11:30. Betty called Carolyn to see if she wanted to join us, but she was busy with work. She invited Ellen, Greg, and me for Easter and I said I'd ask El. I was pleased to hear that brother Frank will come from Alameda (with his daughter, Francine and her three boys), too. I'm looking forward to seeing him.
Betty and I walked down to State Street, then another, say three-quarters or half-mile, looking for a likely restaurant. It certainly wasn't far, but Betty said she was short of breath. We stopped at The Farmer's Boy, a kind of retro-diner and had a good lunch.
Back at Betty's, we actually watched television--Judge Judy, may my eyes fall out--and this was during the day! I couldn't take too much of it, especially when a game show came on, so I said goodbye. Nevertheless, I enjoyed the day--I always do if I don't have to stay too long. I know Betty likes having me, too, and once a week is fine.
Got the 3:37 SB to Ventura, but we ran into a lot of traffic, so it was pretty slow. While riding, I called El, who said she'd like to go to C.'s for Easter, although Greg is working. I suggested she ask Roz, Greg's mother, who lives in Santa Barbara, if she'd like to go, too. (I knew Carolyn wouldn't mind.) El called me back to say Roz wasn't sure if her other son, Frank, might be coming in from Minnesota (he's with the Mayo Clinic), so she'd have to let us know.
My friend, Marie M., got on the Ventura bus home, saw me, and we had a nice chat. She dances, although she's close to my age, specializing in Macedonian (Czech) dances, and was on her way to meet a friend and go to a rehearsal.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...