Monday, April 22, 2019

Easter

Because I got in late and to bed late, I decided to sleep in late and set the alarm for 7:00; awoke at 6:30, though. I just had time to pour my coffee, edit my blog entry, dress, and have an abbreviated breakfast before I left for Ojai and Ellen's.
Greg had to work, but I chatted with him for a bit before we left for Santa Barbara. The two of them are considering going to San Luis Obispo overnight, as El is off for Spring Break this week. They'll be going to New Mexico in the summer; I will, too, but presumably not at the same time.
Got to SB about 10 to find the gang all there: Carolyn, Dana, and Claire; Steve, Robyn, and Dex; Francine, Charlie, Dillon and Rowan, plus Betty, Frank, and Calvin (woof!).
As we did on Saturday, we had a fine time. El and I missed the (raw) egg toss in the backyard and the (hard-boiled) egg hunt, but sat down to talk, kibitz at those who were playing some strange board game--can't remember what it's called--and otherwise enjoy ourselves.
After lunch (two kinds of quiche, pasta salad, mixed fruit, and cherry pie), Frank and the rest of the Alameda contingent left.  Robyn said she was going to take twelve-year-old Claire to the newly-opened Target, and I decided to tag along. But horrors, it was closed, presumably because it was Easter--what a bummer!  Went back and watched Robyn teach Claire some sewing-machine basics, which she (Claire) got for Christmas. (Robyn is a costumer.)   In the meantime, Ellen took Betty over to her apartment to look it over.
Steve, Robyn, and Dex left, then El and I said goodbye.  We dropped Betty off at her place, as it was on our way, and off we drove to Ojai. I kissed El goodbye, hopped in my car, and was home by 4:30.
It was a good day and a fun weekend, but now I'm ready for some catching-up-with-this-and-that time.

No comments:

Sunday

The Camarillo Garden Tour with Suzanne, but as it turned out, I greatly enjoyed it. We left at noon, drove to Camarillo and started at the f...