Friday, December 22, 2017

INCREDIBLY, EIGHTY-ONE!

Went back to my Kimball walk and felt good doing it. After breakfast, I went to WinCo and stocked up on supplies, mostly fresh produce.  Talked to Betty and to Ellen, it was generally decided Betty and I would get together the day after Christmas. It occurred to me that we're rarely together on our joint birthday, anyway, and we both wanted to be with our own families.
El called and said she and Greg would like to take me to dinner--5:50 at Steven's Greek. Sounded good to me, so I called Nancy to see if we could meet at noon, instead of 1:00, which was fine by her.
Met Nance at The Cave and she presented me with a gift--a lovely pair of purple socks, but not ordinary ones. These have a fancy type of pattern and are also fairly high. I love them and will wear them often. Of course, she made them--she's an expert knitter.
Nancy also treated me to lunch and we had splits of champagne; one each, then we split a split (ha!). We had a fine time talking and laughing, then parted happily.  Drove directly to town and did my afternoon walk; got home about 4:30, then left a half hour later to meet Ellen and Greg.
This was delightful. We had Greek food and, crazy and wild kid that I am, ordered a split of the bubbly here, too. After we ate, I was presented with gifts (slipper and a gift card from El, Anne Bancroft's biography from Greg), plus I opened others. Received two knives, a sharpener, a lovely family portrait of the Tokyo Trio, and an Amazon gift card--one dollar for every year I've lived (can't wait for the C-Note one).
Anyway, the best part was being with Ellen and Greg.  They came in separate cars because Greg's son is in town (Santa Barbara) from Wyoming and he "has custody" the next three days. Paul is over twenty, so what that really meant was that his mother "had him" the other days.
I was pleased when El invited me to stay overnight on Christmas Eve. This is shaping up to be a quiet, but very enjoyable holiday season.
Note: Sadly, Ellen's purse with iphone was stolen last night. She went to a supermarket after we had dinner, was busy transferring her items to the car, realized she had left her purse in the cart, went back, and it was gone. Surveillance video showed a family--with two children!--who clearly took it. Police were called, but I'm afraid it's gone. Talk abut holiday season--what a damned unpleasant thing to happen to her.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...