Thursday, December 14, 2017

Here And There

Kimball walk okay, but smokier than it had been. Spent a lot of the morning on Christmas presents (on-line method), Christmas cards (just a few), and other seasonal stuff I'm always late with (oops--with which I'm always late).
Went out for tomatoes, Romaine, and various other, had my salad for lunch, fooled around on the computer, then went to Famous Footware and tried on about a dozen pairs of sneaks--or tennis/running/walking/sittin' around shoes, or whatever they 're called. Finally bought one, which feels good, but it's beige, a color I greatly dislike.  They had them in black and navy, which I prefer, but not in my size. Considering I'm 5'3" and wear a 9 1/2, I have big feet. I might take them back and see if Kohl's has anything I like better.
Got an e-mail from Amtrak, confirming my trip from Oakland on the 18th. This made me nervous--why didn't they send one for my outgoing trip? Called and they have both okay, so who knows?
Did the town walk and was pleased to see the library was open. Stopped in and took out a bio of one of my favorite writers, Gore Vidal. I actually wore my mask on my way back to the car, as it was pretty hazy.
Niece Maureen called, just to
Note: I forgot to mention yesterday that Marcelle has no siblings, either, so her closest relatives are cousins. Seems so strange not even to have any nieces or nephews.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...