Tuesday, December 12, 2017

This And That

It looks as if my usual route at Kimball is now open, although there are still lots of trucks and other apparatus in the middle area. There's a temporary fence around all of it. I walked the opposite direction yesterday, but will resume the other today.
Called Ellen and found that school was closed yesterday, but teachers will go in today and, I guess, it will resume for the children tomorrow.
My friend, Sharon, from the widder group, called me to say she hadn't heard if our trip to the Getty was on or not. Later, I got a call from Nancy to say she had been called and it's canceled. Called Sharon to tell her. 
Actually, I'm not upset at that at all. I've got a lot to do before I leave on Friday for Frank's and I'm meeting Marcelle for lunch today, so having Wednesday free is good. The organizers have some sense, unlike those freakin' idiots at BCNN. Called niece Carolyn to see how she and family are doing. They stayed  over at her brother and SIL's after attending the Eagles (they're big fans) and Ram's (boo!) game in L.A.
Got batteries for the flickering candles and put them in the windows. I always like the way they look and you don't have to worry about wires, outlets, or anything else. They have a sensor you position toward the outside and they go on automatically when it gets dark.
Went here and there for fresh blueberries--on sale at Ralph's--90-calorie popcorn, and other fruit. I had seen that rotisserie chicken was on sale at Von's (a place I rarely venture near, as their prices are generally thirty percent higher than elsewhere).  Decided to go over after my town walk and get one as a special treat for dinner. Did so and found they were on sale only for three days, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday. Damn!
My other complaint is that it's advertised as "rotisserie chicken" and it isn't; it's just plain roasted chicken, as the clerk confirmed--they don't have a rotisserie oven.  I used to love the REAL rotisserie chicken from Shop-Rite and bought it often.  I could just plain roast a chicken myself. I actually went to the customer service person to register my complain and she agreed with me 100 percent. I'm going to e-mail the corporate office and tell them IT ISN'T ROTISSERIE CHICKEN!
Or I may just say the hell with it.





No comments:

Friday

Weight: stayed the same at home (125.4) and at T.O.P.S. was up an inconsequential .06 to 125.4. Maria brought a guest and we had a fairly in...