Friday, December 29, 2017

Clunk!

Started out for Kimball at my usual 7:00 and, as I drove out of the complex, heard a loud clunk, then a kind of rhythmic continuation--"clunk, pause, clunk, pause." I was sure it was one of my tires and pulled into the main entrance. Called AAA and Bob Carlson, the guy who had towed my other car, came reasonably quickly. He checked and the tires seemed okay. Looked under the hood--no problem. He then got down on the ground, reached under, and pulled out a large plastic bag. He said it had wrapped around my axle and was strong enough to cause the clunks. Funnily, he told me that wasn't unusual. He asked me to drive a short distance, I did and it was okay.  All this meant I was about forty-five minutes later than usual for my walk, but no prob, I got it in.
The rest of the day: Did a regular load of wash, plus the bathroom rugs.  Dusted and mopped the hard floors. Checked to see if Amtrak had refunded my train fare; it had for the Ventura to Oakland, but not the way back. Called and they will. Paid several bills (on-line) and did some other paper/computer work. Went out to buy onions and peppers. Stopped at Wal-Mart to buy necklace extenders. I had about two pounds of carrots, so I pared and cut them, then cut up some of the persimmons I got from Carolyn's, and they went together nicely. Put that in the slow cooker.
Took my town walk. Texted Ellen to ask if she wanted to see Three Billboards in Ebbings, Missouri. I'm dying to see it, as I heard it was good. She said no, she wasn't anxious to see that. Maybe I'll ask Nancy, although I doubt if that's her thing. If I have to, I'll go by myself, although it's only playing in Camarillo, which is a distance away.
Using my trusty Chop Wizard, I chopped the onions and peppers, sauteed, added ground turkey, and had a tasty stir-fry.

No comments:

Wednesday And Choosing Sides

I did some filing and cleaning up in the morning; also emailed the office that I need a new toilet seat. Left at 10:30 and got the 11 bus to...