Sunday, December 17, 2017

Smoke Gets In Your--Well, Everything

I actually put on my mask to walk Kimball--lots of smoke in the morning.  Got some Christmas presents (on-line) done and did other stuff on the computer. Packed, then went to WinCo for a few items. After lunch, I did the town walk, again with mask. Not only was a smokier than it had been, but I was startled by the amount of ash on my car.
Suzanne came over when I got home to tell me parts of Santa Barbara were being evacuated. Texted niece Carolyn to see if she and family are in the line of fire (in this case, more than a cliche). Called her later to see and she said fire was five miles away.  I told her Ellen and I were leaving this morning for Alameda and she and family could take my apartment. However, as she pointed out, Ventura is still smokey and ashy; she'd want to go north, natch.
I may not be posting here until we get back. I still haven't figured out how to do that on my phone, but maybe I'll give it a try. Leaving for El's in a few hours.

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Rosemary,
Enjoy that fresher air as you drive North, but most of all enjoy your time with your brother and family.

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...