Monday, December 11, 2017

Dudley House And Dinner

Kimball again, where I walked the alternate. However, I noticed that one side of my usual walk is clear, so I'll try that today.
Jumped in the shower before breakfast, then ate and settled down to the crossword (talk about being in a rut!). Made up a big salad for lunch before I dressed for Dudley House, then went off for my ten to noon shift.
I was just a greeter, so sat on the porch and--well, greeted people. It wasn't terribly busy and there was a ferocious wind that several times, blew over a small table, with a poinsettia and a glass jar for donations on it.  Jan, the pres, finally put it elsewhere.
There were a fair number of visitors, but no more than thirty, I think, and this is the last day of the boutique. Enjoyed it pretty much. I asked Jan about the possibility of our T.O.P.S. meeting at Dudley House and she wasn't adverse to the idea. I e-mailed leaders Lolly and Lennie (heh-heh--"leaders Lolly and Lennie"--alteration, I love it!) what she said.
Went for my town walk and was pleased to see almost everything is open, including the library--yay! Sat and read for a while, then stopped at several thrift shops. I've decided to make rosemary olive oil for Gregg for Christmas and I want to find an attractive small decanter to put it in. Will look further.
Home, I sliced strawberries and assembled a fruit salad with them, blueberries, and frozen blackberries. I have a "personal" (small) watermelon, too, but I don't think the flavor is strong enough for the other fruit, do didn't add it.
Went next door to Suzanne's at 5:30 and she served a nice dinner of chicken wrapped in a kind of crust, mashed potatoes, and asparagus.  With the fruit salad I brought--and a nice Cabernet--it was a pretty good meal. We had a good time talking and getting to know each other more.
I'm always taken aback to realize Suzanne is a nun. Too bad she went that way; she would have made a great wife and mother. I wonder if she ever thinks of that.

2 comments:

iloveac said...

While you were sitting on the porch I hope no one thought the donation jar was for the 'lady in the rocker'....LOL

Mimi said...

Ha, ha, Pat! I should have thought of that and skimmed off a bit!

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...