Thursday, December 28, 2017

Lots Done

Walked Kimball, greeting my park pals, Irene and Diane, plus several others I see every day. After breakfast, I started in on the many errands and catching-up items I had put off. I won't go into detail, but they included
  -looking on Amazon.Com, to see if they had chargers. They do and I'm getting some. I then
  -stopped at Ralph's to see if my debit card had been turned in. It hadn't, so I went directly to
  -the bank, where I got a temp one; perm will come in the mail within five days. I then went to
  -Wal-Mart, where I returned the chopper El gave me, as I already have the Chop Wizard.  Didn't have the receipt, so received a credit card, which was fine by me, as I immediately bought Neo-Sporin infused Band-Aids and a few other things. (I still have money left on it.) Then it was off to
  -WinCo for scads of goodies: salad fixings, fruit, grilled chicken, eggs, and so on. From there, it was
  -the Cricket store, where I asked if the generic chargers could be used for my phone. I didn't really get a straight answer, but ordered them. I figure if they don't work, I can return them. After that, I
  -used the gift card from Amazon Mike gave me (one dollar for each year I've graced the earth) to order chargers, Oral B replacement heads, and a gift for grandson, Joel. (I still have plenty left on the card.)
That took me to lunch, after which I did the town walk. When I got home, Suzanne invited me in and told me all about her Christmas with her brother and his family. He's a doctor, wife's a teacher, and they have two grown daughters. I shared about my holiday and as ever, enjoyed our talk.
I accomplished a lot, but still have a few thing hanging. I need to make an appointment for a blood test (routine), fill out my 2018 reminder calendar, and write references for Brenda and Brianne of SCAN.  Also, I still haven't received my check from SCAN and I'm beginning to get annoyed--the pikers!  I also have to turn my attention to paying some bills and check that I got my refunds from Amtrack and the Getty trip, both cancelled because of the fires.



No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...