Sunday, December 03, 2017

Around Town

Walked the walk with coat and scarf. After breakfast, I went to the 99-Cent store for little this and thats. While there, El called to ask if I wanted to meet her at--the 99-Cent store. Well, sure, I'm already there, but she was still in her night clothes, so I had time to go home, put my things away, then go back.
I had told El I decided not to buy a laptop yet, since this old thing was performing okay. I should never say such a thing out loud, because when I dipped into it, I couldn't get into Office and Word is not letting me do anything and I'm going to get a knife and stab it in the heart--.
Well, no. I called and left a message for Victor, telling him I'd wait for the laptop, but could he come and get me back in Office. Haven't heard back from him yet.
Met El and we looked around for some favors for the little kiddies in her class; she found some and bought them. We then went to Lowe's, where we both got extension cords. Said goodbye after that.
Home  for lunch, then to town. The Main Street festivities were going on, so I reversed my usual, parking at the library and walking to the museum and back. It was fun to walk among the crowds and see all the vendors, and so on.
Stayed in the library reading for a bit--from Ho Chi Mihn, I went to Ava Gardner--then left. Stopped at Suzanne's to return her needle and thread and she invited me in for a chat. She was putting together little gifts for the volunteers at St. John's, where she works. She's worked there more than thirty years, in fact.
Made ground turkey/onion/pepper/garlic for dinner.


No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...