Saturday, December 02, 2017

A. For A. Luncheon

Busy, busy day, and it was much fun.
Walked Kimball, changed clothes, and got to T.O.P.S. at 8:45. I was sure I had gained--if not, stayed the same, but no. Happy day, I lost another 2.2, which makes a healthy 45 pounds off. I'm now at 136--yay!
We discussed where we could meet once SCAN closes and several people have looked into possibilities.  I said I'd ask about Dudley House. Later, I e-mailed the person I think is in charge to see if we could meet there, preferably without charge. Haven't heard back yet.
Changed again and got to Marie Callender's at noon. Carole was already there and Carolyn came shortly after.  We went into what they call "The  Library," the shelves of which hold not books, but ceramic tureens and so on.
T.J. had e-mailed that he couldn't make it after all, and Sue had asked if she could bring Mac, who's getting more and more confused and of course, I said of course. John C.did come and, along with the rest of the gang--both Acting for Amateur classes--there were twelve people, just exactly right for the size of the room.
Anyway, we had a great time. Margaret gave me a little box of chocolates and a nice note, Noreen gave me a note of thanks, and others expressed their enjoyment of the class. We ate, drank, talked, and laughed for almost two hours, finally breaking up after 2:00.
I drove directly to the museum. Had brought my sneaks and socks and changed in the parking lot, then took off for the library. Stayed there continuing the Ho Chi Mihn bio, then walked back. Called Nancy and we made a date for Friday to see the new Orient Express; lunch beforehand, natch.


No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...