Friday, December 15, 2017

Around and About and Alameda

Oh, boy, what a disappointment, but remedied--see later.
I walked Kimball, then decided to go to SCAN--its last day is today--and weigh myself. I thought I might had gained, but no--I'm at 135.4, which means I'm six-tenths of a pound down.  Big deal, huh, considering it's been a day less than two weeks since I weighed in (I was in Santa Barbara last Friday), but down is down and I'm fine with it.
Had breakfast, stripped the bed, and took the sheets and a mountain of other wash to the place. There was so much, I actually had to use two washers and dryers.  While they were being done, I made salad and cut up a watermelon for later. Assembled a lot of things to take with me to Alameda and was satisfied that I'd be ready.
Only...I was at the 99-Cent store when Amtrak called: Trains are cancelled through Friday. They may be running on Saturday, but at this point, there's no way to tell. Darn!  As soon as I got to the car, I called Frank and niece Maureen; neither answered and I left messages asked them to call me.
After lunch, I took the town walk, still not having heard from bro or niece. Got home and called Maureen again--she hadn't looked at her messages. We talked about it and she said anything I'd like to do would be fine. Since my birthday's next Thursday and of course, I want to be here, we tentatively decided I'd go on January third, as Frank's birthday is the fourth. Called Frank and  he was pleased I'd be there for his birthday, so that's the new plan.
Called Don to tell him he wouldn't be earning his twenty bucks for a few more weeks; called Ellen to tell her and she suggested I come back the following Sunday, when it's easier for  her to pick me up and that's okay by me.
BUT...! El called later to say school won't resume until January. Did I want her to drive to Alameda on Sunday with me and we'd stay until Wednesday?  Great and I called Frank to tell him and left a message for Maureen.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...