Saturday, December 09, 2017

Home

I'm back home!  When I was walking in Santa Barbara, Ellen called and said she'd pick me up, as she wanted to go home and wash her hair. After many thanks to Carolyn and her family, we left about 10:00.  Drove through very dense smoke on the 101 through Carpenteria. It was heavy in parts of Ventura, too, but when we approached where I live, happily, it had cleared quite a lot.
El brought my things in, we said goodbye, then I gathered up all my laundry and went to the place to wash. Chopped Romaine and made myself a big salad with the things I had on hand.
I'm bent on resuming my weight-loss regimen, so drove to town after lunch. Parked at the museum and walked to the library. It was closed, along with almost every other place in town, but that was okay, I walked there and back.
On my way home, Betty called and I pulled over to chat. Stopped at WinCo, as I needed to replenish my veggies; also got my favorite frozen cherries, fresh blueberries, and a few other items.
I rang Suzanne's bell when we got home. Thanked her for keeping me up to date on what was going on in Ventura and caught up with her classes. She has a young women doing her practicum and, although only seven people showed up for her diabetes management class (25 had signed up), she was able to complete the requirement.
A number of people called, e-mailed, pm-ed, and commented on Facebook their concern  about my--and Ellen's safety and I was grateful.
As much as I enjoyed being at Carolyn's, I'm glad to be home. I want to get my life back because--such as it is--it's mine and I like it.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...