Sunday, December 24, 2017

UP!!!

Incredible. Beyond belief. Un-friggin' marvelous! Ellen's purse is back!
Did my usual routine, walking Kimball, some computer stuff, a little housework, lunch, then took off for town. Walked the usual, then stayed at the library for 45 or so, continuing the Judy Garland bio, of which I read a few chapters a day.
As I drove home, the Tokyo Trio called--that is, videoed--on my phone. I parked, then saw and talked to the beautiful boy, his Dad and Mom, and it was so good to see them.  While we were "together," so to speak, I got a call from an unfamiliar number.  I waited until our video visit was over, then called it back.  I got Ralph's Supermarket and person asked if I was Ellen Molloy's mother--then proceeded to tell me her purse had been turned in!
Ellen had sent a text saying to please return it to Ralph's or police would be called. I suppose this did the trick because there it was. Called El, but the machine (Tracphone answer thing) was on still, as it had been in the morning. Called Greg and told him, then El called me. I was so glad to be able to tell her her purse was found.
She asked me to see if this and that was there and it all was: sixty-some dollars in cash, her iphone, a $25 Amazon gift card, driver's license, and everything else.
Yay--now this will be a happy Christmas after all!

1 comment:

iloveac said...

Unbelievable that Ellen's purse would be returned intact. I'm sure she's on cloud 9. I'm happy for her.

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...