Sunday, December 31, 2017

Cruisin' Around

Walked Kimball well bundled up. It was very chilly--middle forties--and stayed that way most of the day.  After breakfast, I sat down to finally write the reference letter (e-mail) to Jackie L. at SCAN for Brenda and Brianne. True, they're working at corporate in L.A., but this will be put in their files and should enhance their records.
Writing, revising, and re-revising took me most of the morning. Finished, but saved as a draft, and went out to buy spinach and stuff.  Boiled up some eggs to add to my salad; after lunch, I printed out my diet regimen, which Betty had requested, and sent it via snail mail to her at Carolyn's.  I'm not sure how--or if--she's going to follow it, but she can give it a shot.
Walked the usual town walk. On my way home, I got a call from Doris to tell me Sherry had given her a Christmas gift for me. I said I'd stop and get it, which I did. It's a pretty tree ornament in the shape of a stocking, with "R" on it. I really like it and was touched.  Called Sherry to thank her and after the New Year, I'll get in touch with these friends and suggest lunch or something. I'll see them on Wednesday, too, at the first BCNN meeting of 2018.
Vera, the leader of Soaring Spirits widder group, put on Facebook that tomorrow, we'll try another restaurant, The Sizzler, rather than Marie Callender's. I responded "YAY! I'll be there."  It's about time--Marie's a tired old gal who never met a processed food she didn't like. This might not be much better, but at least, it's a change. And yes, we'll meet on New Year's Day--why not?
Received from Amazon the gift (baka-something--I'm too lazy to look it up) for grandson, Joel; it's a kind of warm hood that covers the face. It's been so cold in Jersey, I thought he can use it, especially when riding his motorcycle. Sent off the reference letter to SCAN.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...