Saturday, December 19, 2015

Not Much and Cake

I was relieved to see in the paper that the accident at Telephone and Victoria was bad, but not fatal. Story said two people were taken to the hospital with serious, but not life-threatening injuries. Good.
Thought I'd go to the mall for Christmas presents, but it was so jammed--actually, all the eight or so streets leading into it were bumper-to-bumper, that I just drove away and went to Target. Got most of what I wanted, then decided my patio/"balcony" would look nice if I got poinsettias to put on the bench. Got them, but then I saw there might be showers Saturday afternoon, so I took the bench in. Will put it out again on Sunday with the three pretty poinsettias I bought.
Aside from that, not much going on except household chores. Had a personal pizza for lunch and it was pretty good. Roasted some Brussels sprouts for dinner. Bought some "Mexican jello," whatever that is, but it looked good so I thought I try it.
While I was watching Forensic Files last night, I suddenly saw displayed on the screen, Betty's name and phone number. I didn't realize it, I guess because my left ear is blocked, that somebody was calling from the at number. It was Robyn, Betty's DIL, asking if I wanted chocolate or vanilla cake at the party, or no cake at all. Asked me to called Betty this morning to tell her. I did, and talked to Robyn. Said I liked both, but finally--pushed to choose--said vanilla. Whatever the three girls want to do, though, is fine by me.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...