Sunday, December 27, 2015

Lull

Lull day, but not a dull day. I was awakened by a phone call that brought unsettling--although not entirely unexpected--news. I fervently hope things improve on that front.
Ellen and Greg were going somewhere and I called Betty to see if she and I could get together. However, her children and older grandson were going to the movies and she had the younger two to watch. I considered taking a train, but there's be no way for her to pick me it. Also considered driving to Santa Barbara, but just didn't want to risk it. Just as well, as Ellen called later to say the 101 was closed both ways because of a fire about ten miles from here. (I was touched to get an e-mail from Susan at home, asking I was all right.) Anyway, I suggested Betty might take the train here today and I'd pick her up, but dunno at this point.
I had a list of things to do and buy, and I got most of them done. Actually got a nice tablecloth at Bed, Bath & B.--it's attractive and at a reasonable price, but is just a tad small. I'll exchange it for a bigger size. Picked up a few fifty percent off Christmas things there, too, notably some chocolates to add to my gifts. Pushover that I am, I couldn't resist a large velvet Christmas stocking, with "R" on it. Well, it was only five bucks and I stuffed it when I got home and hung it on my front door with the wreath. Looks very cute.
Other than that, I went to WinCo, did housework, watered plants, had turkey leftovers for lunch, and generally completed various chores.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...