Thursday, December 24, 2015

Various

Pretty much of a bore/chore day. I spent what seemed like half the time on the computer, clearing up some financial and other mundane stuff. Niece Joan called to wish me a happy birthday. Chastity from the office (who has the same birthday as me, but she's about 200 years younger) came to the door with an Urgent Express envelope from Mike. He had the old address on AGAIN, which is why it was left at the office. I'll open the inner envelope on Christmas. Put stuff in my ear with no result; will try again tomorrow.
Decided to cook my pork roast for dinner. Called and asked Ellen if she'd like to come and have some. She called back, but was busily making preparations for Christmas Eve dinner--turkey and all the homemade fixings--and declined. However, she called several other times with advice about iron. To wit: I took one of the iron tablets Greg brought me and the topic prompted discussions with Ellen, who said I should call the doctor to see if the dosage (22mg) is right. Well, I'm not about to call the doctor--I'm taking the stuff, so what's the problem? If the med assistant doesn't call me by the 26th, I guess I'll call.
Oh, maybe I didn't mention the lead-up to that: I got a call, I guess two days ago from the medical assistant at Primary Medical. She conveyed he message from my doctor that my anemia is--can't remember if she said "much improved," "much better," or something else, but I could have told them that. She then said, "And you're taking iron every day, right?" NO, not right; I was never told to take iron that I remember. The assistant--whose name, incidentally, is Becky Wade (why does that suggest a teenager in the deep South who already has two kids?) said she'd find out the dosage and get back to me, but so far, hasn't. If she doesn't call by the day after Christmas, I guess I'll call them and tell them I'm pissed.
Went into Amazon Japan and ordered a gift for Doll Baby, K. It won't come until the 26th, unfortunately, because I waited too long. However, he won't know the difference. BTW, dealing with Amazon Japan is a trip. The pages say they've been translated, but what you see is more like a fifty-fifty mix of Japanese and English--and the English is peculiar, to say the least. However, I negotiated it okay.
I've got a fair amount still to do today, but that's okay. Looking forward to turkey dinner and being with El and Greg.

























































2 comments:

Meryl Baer said...

Happy birthday and Merry Christmas!

Mimi said...

Meryl, thank you so much! All good wishes for the new year to you and yours.

Tuesday

Sent a welcome e-mail to my new tenants, mother and daughter, Laura and Prudence. I must remember to check to see if I need to send anything...