Saturday, December 12, 2015

This and That and My Lungs

Niece Carolyn got here at 10:00 and we zipped over to Caregivers, the organization for which she's a grant writer. They had a hot and cold brunch spread, including champagne, a nice touch. I met a lot of people and chatted, then we went upstairs for a presentation. It lasted about forty-five minutes and consisted mostly of college students explaining the research they had done as part of a class. They demonstrated the deadly error of showing slides with lots of info on them, then reading it--oh, mama, wake me when it's over!
Actually, it wasn't as bad as all that, but after, Carolyn and I agreed it was pretty dull and could have been a lot more imaginative. After, she came in to chat and I mentioned I think I'll get rid of my kitchen table (white wood) and use my antique one, instead. I could then put the t.v. on the smaller table the computer's on now and put the campaign desk in the bedroom. That would free up a wall for a sofa, THEN I could finally put things pictures up. Carolyn said she's like to have the table, so that would work out fine, I think.
As she was leaving, a tall blonde woman, in her fifties, I guess, come up and introduced herself as Michelle T. She's in the group I joined, Golden Girls of Ventura and had volunteered at the Meetup site to take me to the dinner on Tuesday. It's in Oxnard and I have to work up my courage to drive there in the daytime, so at night--no, sir! Anyway, I invited her in, showed her around Tiny Town and she told me she has one of the smaller units, too. She lives just a stone's throw away and I went with her to see her place.
Big differences: It's on the second floor, which is out for me, plus has vaulted ceilings and a actual, very nice balcony, plus a much larger closet, and other amenities. What pisses me off is she pays a hundred bucks a month less than I do! Why? You'd better believe I'm going to find out. Anyway, it was nice to meet somebody here.
I called Santa Paula Theatre to make two reservations for Nancy and me for the play tomorrow. Took a dry run to Santa Paula, which is only about twelve miles and had no problem. I've had a hankering for chili lately, and had the fixings, so made myself a batch for dinner--delish.
Now for some medical news: When I got back from SP, I had a message from the medical assistant in Dr. Jennings office to the effect that part of my lung isn't getting enough oxygen and if symptoms should increase, to call the doc right away. W-H-A-A-T?!? I called back immediately and tried to get an explanation, which wasn't really forthcoming, at least not to my satisfaction. Looked it up and calmed down, as it looks as if it isn't necessarily serious or life-threatening. I see the doctor again in a few weeks, but still...

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...