Monday, November 23, 2015

Moving Day

Anybody who's ever moved from one place to another knows what we went through yesterday, so there's no point in describing it. Enough to say Ellen and I worked all day, almost without stopping. Since she has an incredible amount of energy--you need plenty when you teach third-graders--there's no question she did more than half of it. She also brought tuna fish salad, organic tomatoes, and good, whole-grained bread and made us lunch. She didn't leave until after 5:00 when just about everything was done. It's a marvel to me that I have such an incredible woman for a daughter. I never could have moved to California or, of course, contemplated the move today, without her. Come to think of if, I never could have left Jersey without the help of my older daughter (who's birthday this is, by the way). I'm not sure what I did to deserve the two of them, but it must have been something wonderful.
Now I'm just counting down to when the movers get here. They're due at nine-thirty--three and a half hours from now and I'm ready for them.

No comments:

Simply Spendid Sunday

I bused to Ojai and got there at 11:00. We waited until Ellen "did" her hair--which means using a kind of revolving brush/dryer to...