Monday, October 19, 2015

A Lull and a Scale

Still in a sort of lull period. Read the Sunday paper and did the crossword puzzles from Newsday (completed) and NYTimes (not). Fooled around on the computer. Talked to Betty, who called me with a dirty joke--really, just mildly risque. El e-mailed me asking for somebody's address, but I don't have it either. Decided to hard-boil some eggs, then realized all my pots are too big. Went out and bought a small Revere Ware pot and boiled 'em up.
Heard back from my tenant, Eileen, with her phone numbers and called Bill and Bob to relay the info. Went to Wal-Mart for nail polish remover and ran into Ellen. We just chatted for a few minutes, then went our ways.
It occurred to me that I didn't have a scale--no news is good news, yes? But that's stupid because I know I've put on weight since I got here. Looked on-line at Target and found one that was 10 percent off for today only. I didn't want to wait to have it delivered, so drove over there and got it. Weighed myself as soon as I got up this morning, sans clothing and breakfast and--well, will draw a veil over the result.
Hey, I'll say this: I haven't gained back the entire 72 pounds I lost once upon a time.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...