Wednesday, April 15, 2015

Rain and Stuff

We started blithely out on our walk sans umbrellas and halfway through, the rain started.  Got wet.
Captain Carpet was due at 8:00, but the boss man called shortly after to say he had only one guy.  After discussing it a bit--the rain continued, as it would all day--we decided it would be better for them to come today when it's supposed to be sunny.
Walter sent an e-mail that he'd photograph the front of the house, but wanted to wait until it wasn't raining to do inside.  In the meantime, I came across a nice outside pic of my house from a few years ago, sent him that, and he'll use it in multiple listing for now.
Met "the sparklers" at Dynasty for lunch.  There were only seven of us.  Told they about my plan to rent and got a lot of negative comments, too tiresome to go into now.  I think I showed great restraint in not saying, "Did I ask for your opinion?" or even "Screw you" and blowing up from there.  But these are mostly acquaintances, not close friends and I just brushed it off.  It probably was good for me, in fact, as it made me reflect on the high level of nay-saying in senior situations and that, in turn, made me glad to be leaving.
My friend had a faculty meeting, so came after, about 4:00, to re-hang my bathroom valences and do a few other things I can't handle.
Aside from a jaunt to the library and some minor errands and chores, I didn't do a lot.  Spent a lot of idle time on the computer, not very productively.  Took a drive about 6:00, just to get out of the house and it was still raining.
But now, this morning, in the present, which is the only time that counts, we have glorious sunshine.  Happy day.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...