Wednesday, April 01, 2015

Busy

Busy day.  I spent the morning going over boxes of memorabilia I had already packed and consolidated a lot of it. Tossed much, also, but maybe not enough.
Called Bill G., my neighbor, who's a contractor, and asked to have him power-wash my sidewalk.  However, my friend later told me her husband has such a washer, and he'll do it. While I was talking to Bill, Betty and Alex C. drove up.  Said goodbye to Bill and took them inside.
At his request, I gave Alex a little tour of the house--he liked it a lot--then he loaded the chair I'm giving Betty into his SUV.  Betty then took us to lunch at Cuisine on the Green, which was very enjoyable.
They left from there, I drove home, and my friend came about 3:30, followed by Marifer R., Susan's cleaning person.  We discussed having her deep-clean my house before it goes up for rent.  She was here for an hour while my friend and I showed her what we needed done and while she explained her methods, and so on.  We were both very favorably impressed with her, aside from her fee. We think it's too low and will probably augment it.
Linda V., from my acting class, called.  She's unable to make rehearsal, but will be there for the performance.  Said she has a friend whose mother may want to buy my house.  Odd, as it ain't for sale.  When I explained, she took Walter's number and said maybe the lady would rent it.  Whatever.
Today, my friend has a half-day, then conferences, so will come back to help me do whatever.  I think I'll ask her to clear more space in the garage; in fact, I'll ask her to throw away or take to the thrift store some of the Christmas items I have without me seeing them.  I'm afraid that's the only way I'm going to be able to relinquish the stuff.
The little sweetie in Tokyo Skyped me last evening.  He was very busy with guiding his bus through a tunnel (his upturned chair), but was gracious enough to smile and wave.  He expressed great uneasiness about the vacuum cleaner, a scary creature and a menace to Mommy, but I'm sure he was distracted later: They were going to go to the station to view the trains.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...