Monday, April 27, 2015

Rumors

                                        FAB-U-LOUS!
That's what Rumors was, with my friend, Grey, providing some of the hilarity.
Betty and I had planned to meet at Andre's, a restaurant not far from the church where the show was held and we both left home fearfully early, thinking of the complicated routes to Brigantine. However, we got there in plenty of time for a leisurely lunch.
Had good seats and enjoyed the show immensely.  Well, what would you expect from Neil Simon?  There were lots of laughs and although the acting was uneven, most of the performers were top notch.  I wasn't surprised to hear that three had appeared on Broadway.
It was over about 4:00 and we greeted Grey and the rest of the players afterward.  This was the last performance and Grey assured me it was the best they had done.  It was a fun way to spend a spring afternoon and now I need to turn my attention to more mundane things.
Top-off of the day was a Skype call from the Land of the Locusts i.e., a virtual visit from darling daughter, Ellen.  We had a fine time catching up with each other and I fervently hope to be there before the snow falls.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...