Thursday, April 30, 2015

Craigslist and Betty Mae

We went to Dynasty for breakfast, then to Graveling Point.  The water was wonderfully smooth, rich blue, and host to a number of small boats.  How it restores me to see what has been part of my life for as long as I can remember.  As for Aline, she grew up in land-locked Brooklyn, but she loves it, too.
Dropped her off, then drove immediately to Manahawkin.  Picked up a pocketbook and some new chair cushions for the kitchen. Now I'm annoyed at myself, because I didn't actually need them.
Bought shoes at Kohl's, but now I'm not sure if I really like them and may return.  I seem to do this constantly with shoes--it's hard to find any that are really comfortable on my particular feet, plus that look good, also.
Consulted Walter about listing my house on Craigslist.  He asked his CEO, who is an attorney and he said it was okay, but to be very careful of scams.  I will, but I don't see how that would be a problem, as of course, I'll refer any prospects to Walter.
Later, after consultation with my advisers, I've decided to wait to do that, if I do at all.
Called my classmate and fellow grad, Betty Mae W. and, yes, as I had heard, the news isn't terrific.  She does have lung cancer and will have an MRI today.  She told me she had had symptoms three months ago, but it was thought to be pneumonia and she was treated for that. Now it looks as if she's facing chemo and, I'm afraid, maybe worse.  Of course, I mouthed the cliches: "You never know..."; "People have beaten this..." and so on, but with a heavy heart.
Christine R. called to be sure we were still on for dinner tonight. Yes, indeed, and I'm looking forward to it.  Chris and I were the two dotty aunts in Arsenic and Old Lace a few years ago and I'll ask if she's available to see our "nephew" from that show, Neil G., in Gypsy on Sunday.

1 comment:

Jim Wetzel said...

I've bought a couple of things off Craigslist, but none of them quite as substantial as a house. Sounds unusual, but why not?

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...