Saturday, April 18, 2015

Lots

Finally had a day off--without appointments, meetings, and so on scheduled, that is--and got plenty done.
I was annoyed that it was raining during our walk and for several hours after, but then realized it was better then than (I've always wanted to legitimately pair two "the(a)ns" in a sentence!) earlier in the week, so I just ignored it.
Got an e-mail from my HSHS pal, Jeanne Dollard P., whom I always name as the prettiest girl in our class.  She sent a current picture of herself in a bathing suit--hey, for within hailing distance of 80, she's still a knockout.  She was standing on a beach in front of an ocean (I figure Florida); great picture, but two little kiddies were playing in the water and seemed to be growing out of her hair. She asked if I could "fix" it.  What, are you nuts? I wanted to ask, but I gave it a shot and got rid of them. It was actually very easy with Picasa.
I had a letter my mother had kept from her nephew, my cousin, Bob Figenshu, who died several years ago.  I knew his daughter, Karen, lived near my brother, Frank, so I called him to get her address. Had a nice chat and exchanged a few words from his dear Marybeth, now in the grip of dementia.
Took the bedside table to the township recycle center to drop off, then went to Buy-Rite for wine.  I actually bought some for $3.99 a bottle--a new low for me--but really just for show in the wine rack.
Stopped at Shop-Rite for cottage cheese and came out with forty-seven dollars worth of--something.  Last, went to Staples for a chair mat for under the rolling chair in the study.
Glory be, by the time I got home, the sun was streaming down. I could never live in Seattle.
Happily, I got a Skype call in the evening from adorable little K., whom I witnessed peeling and eating a banana, putting cars on a transport, building with blocks, and throwing imaginary trash in the waste basket to help Mommy.  It was the best part of my day!

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...