Sunday, April 05, 2015

Saturday

Ordinary, forever-job day, but it was topped off pleasantly.  Packed my wooden salad bowl set and a few other things.  Finally steeled myself to re-visit the box filled with items surrounding Pat's funeral,; I discarded all the sympathy cards.  There were more than a hundred of these and they meant so much to me, so I saved them, but to what purpose?  I know nobody else in the world would go through them and, for that matter, even know most of the people who sent them.  So it was silly to keep them, but even so, I felt like a traitor for throwing them away.
Worked up a flyer and a program for the Shalom House event.  I called it "A Little Taste of Theatre," which I now think is a dopey title.  Geez, people will think it's a cooking show, but I already sent them to Bobbi and the hell with changing it.
Knocked off in the late afternoon to head up north for dinner with my friend and her guy.  Rather than a plant which she would have had to--well, plant--I stopped and got both of them little chocolate, gold-foiled bunnies.  They gave me a beautiful, bright yellow begonia, which I definitely will plant.
We strolled down Main Street to Woody's, a small luncheonette-type place, very casual, but with excellent food.  Had a good one, then walked back and I took off for home.
Nice day, and Susan invited me, so I'll go there for Easter dinner.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...