Saturday, April 04, 2015

Lots

Talk about activity--whew!  "Captain Carpet" came about 9 am and measured the carpets, sat down to discuss it with me, gave me a price which was reasonable, so I signed on the dotted line, then chatted for a bit.  Very nice guy, he's a talker; is 55, has seven children, and has lived in Somers Point for years.  Interestingly, he lived for many years on Wilmont Avenue, the same street where we owned a rental house. Upshot was, he'll come on Tuesday, April 14, the day after Marifer does her deep cleaning, and the day before the house goes up for rent.
My friend and her husband blew in about noon and immediately started on the chores and repairs I had listed for them.  Working together, they replaced the light over my shower (nine foot ceilings are great, but hard to get to), reattached the slats in the banister out back, fixed the porch light, took down and cleaned the dusty register in the hall ceiling, packed a number of large pictures, pulled the sofa and bureau out from the walls to vacuum behind, carried a lot of heavy stuff to the garage, and performed a variety of other hard-or-impossible-for-me tasks.
To top it off, friend's husband power-washed my driveway and walk.  Because the cockamamie builders put the outside faucet away near the back of the house and I have only one hose, he had to hook it up to the washer hose in the laundry room.  It took him a good hour and he did it in a steady rain.  He is just a gem; fittingly, because so is she.
They left about 5:00, but not before they invited me for dinner tonight.  That will be our Easter together, as they plan to camp up north in their 39-footer over Sunday and Monday, possibly longer.   Fine by me, and I may or may not go to Betty's relatives or to Susan's--or, simply stay home.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...