Saturday, April 11, 2015

The Shower*

We had a lovely time.  Betty got to my place about noon and I drove us up to my friend's in Allentown.  Joel, Jr., and Tristan were there, all decked out in new plaid shirts (Gregg!) and sneakers. Tristan and I conducted the house tour for Aunt Betty and we laughed over it.
We then hopped into the SUV and friend drove to Freehold, about 20 minutes away.  Shower was in a side room at Perkins Restaurant; about forty people there, the guys skulking in a booth way in the back.
We ordered off a special menu of six entrees--I had steak--and had a fine time with Jessie (that's Joel, Sr.'s Dad's wife); her daughter, Rachel; Joel, Sr.'s ex, Jen; her fiancee, Justin; and the mixed bag of kids, some Joel's, some Noelle's, and some other people's.  Of course, Noelle's friends, and her parents' friends were there, along with others I didn't meet.
Yes, there are a lot of mixed parents and partners, former spouses and new ones, those related and those who once were, and what could be merrier? Everybody was happy and friendly and we had a fine time.
Several hours later, after luncheon and the opening of the gifts, we all kissed goodbye.  How I hate to leave my darling grandson and his dear little boys, but I'll look forward to seeing them in June at the wedding.  We drove back to Allentown and stopped in my friend's for just a few minutes. Then I drove Betty and me back to my place and that was our fun day.
* The date on this is wrong; it should be Sunday, April 12.  I'm not sure how I screwed it up, but I think I accidentally pressed "publish" last night when I wrote part of it.  Don't know how to change it.


No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...