Friday, April 03, 2015

Buzzing Around

Picked Aline up for cheese omelets at John & Sonia's, then we performed our viewing-of-the-water-at-Graveling-Point ritual. Dropped her off at work after we discussed going out for dinner on Sunday.
Yes, I know it's Easter.  I thought we might be going to upstate Pennsy, but we're not.  My friend is going camping, which isn't something on my "can't wait to do it" list.  Betty called and when she heard we weren't going, immediately invited me to her niece-in-law's in Galloway. I've been there before, I like Dorothy and her family, but I doubt if I'll go.  Just don't feel like it.
If Susan knew I didn't have plans, I know she'd invite me for Easter dinner. However, I didn't mention it to her; not sure why.  I guess I'm getting tired of the perennial guest routine.  I want to have people over myself and certainly want to reciprocate with Susan and Walter.  Well, we'll see.
I plunged back into my steady job by clearing all the under cabinets in the kitchen and both bathrooms.  It really wasn't all that messy, but I still want to get rid of some cleaning products.
The racks in the oven were pretty bad, and boy, the baked-on stuff is hard to get off.  I actually looked up a parts place on-line, thinking I'd order new ones, but damn, they're forty bucks apiece--no thanks.  Instead, I tried a pumice stone and actually did a fairly good job with plenty of elbow grease.
Ran down--or up--to good ol' Shop-Rite, which was, of course, jammed. It'll be even worse the next two days.
Spent time rearranging the show at Shalom House on the sixteenth. I moved some players around and revised here and there, and I think it works. Also wrote up the program.
Called a lawn service guy and he came over to give me an estimate for clearing out and mulching the front and side beds.  Agreed and he'll come on the ninth.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...