Saturday, April 11, 2015

Day Before the Shower

Fun day.  I got up to my friend's about noon and we had lunch. Since we weren't meeting Joel, Noelle, and the four boys until 2:00, we walked "downtown" (about half a city block away) to a gift shop.  I got a lovely little bauble for Noelle's shower today and I'll add a lovely little check to make it--well, lovelier.
Drove to the Freehold Mall and met N. and the guys at Penney's. After the adults selected clothes and shoes for the wedding and the boys tried them all on, we finally got out of there three hours later. Whew!
My friend, Joel, Jr., Tristan, and I piled into friend's SUV (they were staying over at her house), then found they didn't have clothes for the next day.  Followed Joel to Noelle's parent's, where J., N., and the other two boys were staying, picked up the missing items, and went on our way.
Friend served a hearty dinner of chili (which had been simmering in the slow cooker all day), broccoli, and strawberries.  It was delicious and so were the cupcakes she had made with garbanzo beans and frosted with chocolate avocado icing.
I enjoyed dinner, but rushed off after to get home before dark. Spending time with my friend and the darling boys was such a joy--and I get to be with them today, too!

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...