Thursday, April 09, 2015

Lifetime Labor

I'm getting tired of the term "forever job," so I'll switch to "lifelong labor" for now. Here's what it entailed yesterday: clearing the guest room of the unbelievable  number of lidded plastic containers, now empty.
There were--are--fifty or more of different sizes, twenty alone of shoe-box size.  They're empty because virtuous me managed to remove the contents to either donate or discard.  But the house cleaner, then the carpet people are coming soon and I have to have the place as clear as possible.  I stacked the same size with the lids underneath and, when possible, nested smaller inside larger.  Some I stashed on higher shelves in several different closets, others--reluctantly--in the garage.
Before that, I picked Aline up for breakfast and we went to Shorty's at the Tuckerton Seaport. We weren't entirely happy with the prices or the service and probably won't go back soon.
After the container battle, I drove up north to the dollar store for tissue paper and Acme for lettuce and stuff.  Stopped at the library to donate The Economist and some other magazines for their free box.
Spent time on minor changes in the playlets we're rehearsing today. My friend called and asked me to get my grandson's baptismal and confirmation certificates at St. Teresa's, as he and Noelle will marry in June.  Betty called.  I'll go to her place after rehearsal today and we'll do dinner or whatever.

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...