Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Lesion and a Triathlon

Boy, did it rain.  It was coming down in buckets in the morning; cleared later.  Got to the dermatologist office at 8:45, filled out papers, waited a bit, then Chuck zapped my nose.
Chuck?  Yes, he's the physician assistant who used to take care of my late husband.  I like him a lot better than the few doctors I've known from DermOne.  Pat had that white and freckled Irish skin and had a lot of basal cell cancers removed, as well as a sweat gland with squamous cell.  Three of our four children have had skin cancers removed, also.
Mine were just pre-cancerous lesions and should be gone shortly.  I had a list of errands to run after the appointment, but didn't feel like sloshing through, so gave up in favor of going home to hibernate.  I felt so bad that Aline would have had to walk the three-quarters-of-a-mile to work in the rain that I called her and said I'd take her.  I did and no problem.
Betty called after her visit to the urologist to say there was no cause for concern.  Not sure why she'd have squamous cells in her urine, but if the doc said that, I'm good with it.
Later, the rain stopped and I went out to pull the dandelions the damn gardener had left.  Bought potting soil, as I want to plant the flowers now just plopped in pots.  My neighbors, Joe and Bob, came over to chat while I was outside; that's another thing I'll miss when I go.
Mike sent an e-mail with picture that he had completed a triathlon for the first time in his life.  It requires swimming, then biking, then running and he finished in the top third of his age group (he's 48). Yay for my boy!

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...