Tuesday, March 31, 2015

A Variety

I had already packed my mother's china and other "good" tableware, but yesterday, I filled two large boxes with all but four place settings of my everyday dishes.  That took a fair amount of time and I could barely carry the boxes, but I got it done. Packed up a lot of miscellaneous stuff, too, then I ran out of boxes.
Zipped up to Wal-Mart to get more and ran into Kevin B., that sweet guy who murdered me in Night Must Fall.  We commiserated with each other about LETCO's  no-go in April and agreed that the rest of us should have been given the chance to work something out.
I was tired of seeing my old bookcase at the curb, so I laboriously hauled it into the car and took it to the municipal recycle place. One the guys there took it out and tossed it in the proper receptacle.
Frank D. came over to give me my air conditioner cover and we visited for a bit.  Every spring, he removes it and wraps it neatly and every fall, he puts it back on. What a gem of a neighbor.
Susan's cleaning woman, Marifer R., returned my call and will come this afternoon to give me an estimate.  Betty and Alex C. will be here this morning to get the chair I'm giving her.
I'm considering dropping I Have Something to Tell You from the April 16 show at Shalom House.  It isn't the fault of the actors, but mine, as the ending seems very contrived.  I could possibly change it, but may not be able to come up with something plausible in time.  On the other hand, my class liked it, so--dunno.  I looked through my archives (oh, so grandiose!) on Word and found The Potato Family, which I wrote years ago for the Drama Club.  I may substitute that--or just add it to the others.
  

No comments:

Tuesday And Noreen

I had planned to go to Verizon first before my lunch with Noreen. It's down Mills Street from the mall, where the transit center is, too...