Sunday, March 29, 2015

More of the Same

Instead of the other areas, I got busy on what I call "the pantry."
This is a large, shelved closet in the kitchen, plenty big enough for all cans, cartons, boxes, and bags of foodstuff, as well as onions, potatoes, napkins, other paper goods and and gallon jugs of vinegar.
What's almost beyond belief is the amount of stuff I tossed.  I filled three large garbage bags, plus other items too big to fit.  I also took two good-sized boxes to the thrift store, as well as a bundt pan (used once, I think), a large container of holiday cookie cutters, fancy decorator tips for an icing bag, and all manner of glass and plastic containers whose contents I mostly discarded.
In between all this, I put a ham bone, lentils, and seasonings in the slow cooker, and cooked up some rice.  I also found a packet of chili seasoning I had gotten in Cinncinati when I visited my cousin. When was that?  Oh, 18 or 20 years ago.  The recipe on it called for water, tomato paste, and ground beef, so of course, I had to run over the Acme to get them.  As directed, I put them together, and simmered for an hour an a half, after which it was suppose to thicken.
It didn't.  Actually, the meat and every thing else seemed to more or less liquify. However, I put it over spiral pasta as a sauce and it wasn't bad at all--in fact, it was quite tasty.  
During and after, I wrapped and packed more of my smaller pictures in frames; the big ones are going to be a formidable task.

No comments:

Wednesday

Busy, but not in a good way. I'm sure nobody else would want to read it, but I've elaborated on my entry a few spots down entitled &...