Sunday, March 08, 2015

Packing

Lots more packing up.  I have all but the very bottom shelves of the three tall cabinets next to the fridge emptied.  Packed a large box of breakables for the thrift store, plus another of breakables I want to take.  I finally steeled myself to discard most of the letters my sons sent us from abroad a quarter century ago; just kept a representative sample.  I had had eleven small, picture-sized albums of my first trip to Asia; dismantled them, took out a few pictures to keep, and got rid of the rest.
Took a short drive to clear my head, then resumed my chores.  I want to go over the guest room again.  Must decide what to do with the costumes and props I've acquired.  LETCO probably has no room for them; think I'll call Bruce B., of Our Gang, and see if he wants them.
Saw in the paper that Bernadette Reagan has died.  She went to school with my husband and what a beauty she was.  A tall brunette, very slender, with one of those doll-like faces that used to be the ideal for girls.   I thought she looked something like an Irish Hedy Lamarr.  I wasn't surprised to read in the obit that she had been a model.
Recorded my expenditures for the day: $0.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...