Tuesday, March 10, 2015

The G., the B, and the U.

"The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."  Wasn't that a book or a movie, or both?  Don't recall, but it describes my yesterday in spades.
First, the bad:  To cut a very long story short, I changed my health insurance and the new one, Humana, is a med plan for which I pay $15 a month; my three medications will be sent me free of other charge. That's actually a better deal than what I had before, so I was pleased.  I called the outfit in January, discussed what I take, and was told the doctor had to send in a "script."  Of course, that made sense; unfortunately, I no sooner put down the phone than I forgot about that part.
On Sunday, I went to assemble my meds (I set them up seven weeks at a time) and discovered I was out of Ramipril.  Called Humana, then went to the doc's, but it will take 8 to 10 days to get the stuff.  Asked to have Wal-Mart called with a fill-in Rx, went there, found it would cost $42, more than twice as much as I paid before.  Why? Because I was no long under that plan.  I paid it, but then had second thoughts and got a refund ten minutes later.
NOW, here I am with no BP med.  I've already gone without one night, now there'll be at least two.  I have a busy day today, but I think I'll call Dawn, the NP and see if she has any samples.  If not, I'll ask for an Rx for just a few pills.
Damn, this whole thing is giving me high blood pressure!
But--the good stuff.  I had a color and cut and it looks good--always give me a lift.
The really, really, very good stuff?  This: As I mentioned a time or two, I've been going through my husband's letters from sixty plus years ago--he must have saved all of them--and was able to send to the writers or their survivors a number of them.  Now see Sunday's post regarding Marcus Harry (not Harry Marcus) Woosley, of Julien, NC.  Incredibly and wonderfully, he called me last evening. Yes, he still lives in Julien; now 87, he remembers Pat with great fondness.  We had a wonderful chat and I was both pleased and saddened to hear he had tried to get in touch with his old buddy years ago, but had only the Ventnor address and was unable to find him.  He said he had some pictures from the old days and would send them to me.  I'll send him his letters, all these years later, and I hope he and his family enjoy them.
The ugly?  Nothing really, except my kitchen floor. Must scrub it soon.

No comments:

Monday

 I slept pretty well, I'm happy to say: got up once, but went back until after 6:00.  Got a call from Zak Dental to see if I could come ...