Wednesday, March 04, 2015

Here and There

Walked at 7:00, of course, and went to exercise at 9:30.  Strenuous as ever, but invigorating; I'm sorry I can't be there for the last session next Tuesday.
Started packing up the good china. My mother had gotten this when she was married ninety some years ago, and I guess I can't bear to let it go.
Heard back from my children about the independent living possibility.  Mike, in particular, seems to be negatively impressed. He thinks it will be less than doable financially, regardless of what I was told on the phone--hidden costs and so on.  Also, P. researched it and is equally pessimistic.  Ellen will scout out two of the places, but I'm beginning to doubt it's feasible for me.
Went to Mastercraft to get my oil changed and at the same time, asked them to look at my wipers and see how much they'd charge. More than Dominic's $268?  Yes, by a good hundred bucks, so scratch that. I might try again at Pat's Automotive.  If his estimate isn't in the ball park, I'll just have to take it north and waste a Saturday--mine and my friend's.
First at Home Depot, then Wal-Mart, I bought some good, sturdy, cardboard boxes. What gets me is that identical ones are five cents more at HD, plus are covered with the store's name and logo, so you're doing their advertising for free.
Contacted the hotel and the train station to find out particulars about getting to Virginia next week.  Absecon to Philly to D.C. to one Metro station, then another, then a shuttle.  A drag, but I hope to enjoy the trip, anyway.

No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...