Thursday, March 26, 2015

Lots Packed and Donated

Got lots packed, some to go and some destined for the thrift store. That included six pretty vases, a crystal decanter with a "ball" stopper, two fancy porcelain containers, two oil lamps, a clothes rack for drying clothes, four books, two tablecloths, and several smaller items.  Got it all in the car and took it to my pals at Lighthouse Alliance.
The reason I mention them is because I hope I can be more systematic about taking my donations off my income tax next year.
Betty called and I asked if she wanted two chairs and a small table I want to get rid of.  She might, and I said I'd take pictures of them to see if she can use them.
Continuing my forever job, I packed up two more large boxes to go.  Called Julie S. to see if she wanted four old kids' books (she collects them); yes and I stopped to give them to her on my way to Wal-Mart. She and George just bought the house--they still haven't sold their other one--and Julie told me she resigned from teaching middle school.  She can't stand the regimented way she's told she has to teach and has had several run-ins with administration.
Got more boxes at Wal-mart--they're cheaper than at Home Depot-- plus pumpernickel at B.J.'s.  
I was glad to enjoy breakfast with baby, who can now--ta dah!--eat with a spoon all by himself.  He polished off a bowl of yogurt very nicely, with only a bit landing on his face.  What a sweetie he is.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...