Saturday, March 07, 2015

Sunshine and Food Prep

Incredibly beautiful day: Brilliant sunshine bounced off the virgin snow--okay, it'll be an old whore before long, but it was great while it lasted.
I looked out and happily, the street was pretty clear, so I decided to inspect route 9.  Did so, and it was fine: wet in places with packed snow here and there, but with appropriate caution, not hazardous.
Went to Shop-Rite to replenish my hypothetical larder and got lots of stuff, including a tuna steak, various veggies, salad fixings, hummus with garlic, sweet sausage, and my current guilty pleasure, animal crackers.  Didn't forget to stop and get Chardonnay, also.
Had an eclectic lunch of salad, leftover spaghetti, and acorn squash, washed down with peach mango iced tea.  Got several boxes and baskets of glassware packed and took them to the thrift store.
Spent a fair amount of time cooking: made meatballs with the ground turkey I had bought, cooked them in sauce, and froze in individual portions.  Made Cole slaw, had some, then stored the rest in the refrig.  Put together the Asian salad--I'm not sure if Asians would recognize it--and did other food prepping
In the evening, got a welcome Skype visit from little K.--getting to be big K. faster and faster--while he had breakfast.  His father and I had a lively discussion about finances, centering on my getting more methodical about recording what I spend.  I'll do so, starting today.



No comments:

Thursday

Well, it started off nicely, but things got murky later. R.E. agent Kim emailed me the Certificate of  Occupancy, which means the house pass...