Wednesday, September 07, 2011

We walked with umbrellas in the drizzly rain. Got some odds and ends chores done. Dropped the LETCO phone off to Lucille and went to the P.O. There, I ran into Lisa from Dr. Keiner's office. She asked if I'd visit Dr. K. in Galloway and I agreed. Got a call from her office later and will call back today.
Realized I had several pounds of yams, so pared and chunked them, added some quartered oranges and put them in the big crock pot. As long as I was in the mode--or mood--I did the same to the two turnips I had, but instead of oranges, paired (get it--"paired"?) them with onions and peppers.
Sat and read most of the day. I'm into The Panic Virus and also, Garrison Keillor's Pilgrims.
High point of the day was a Skype call in the evening from P. and N. They're back from hiking in northern Japan, where they just weathered (I can't seem to help myself!) a typhoon.
LATER: Forgot to add this from yesterday, too:
1. At the post office, I picked up a SELECTIVE SERVICE brochure. Call me oblivious and I shouldn't admit this, but I had no idea men still had to register for the draft, in case our bloodthirsty leaders decide they don't have enough cannon fodder. Can't fathom why I didn't know this all along.
2. With Comcast, I have a love/hate relationship, minus the love. They sent me a letter to the effect that I had to have some box or other. I had no idea whether it was the same as the one I had put in a year or so ago, or not. Called them and, after a long conversation, it was determined that I already have it. Asked if I was going to be forgiven some of my bill because my service (for phone, t.v., and Internet) was out sporadically last week. They sent to billing and they agreed to cut ten bucks off the bill--big deal, but better than nothing, I guess. Because I was annoyed, the person on the other end also said she was giving me, free of charge, three months of HBO. Didn't mean much to me, because I don't watch a lot, but I turned it on last night. Actually sat and watched an ANIMATED movie called Mastermind. I suppose because I'm not accustomed to that type of entertainment, it was a revelation, especially the inventiveness, even beauty, of the graphics. The story line was stupid, but the expressions on the faces, the movement of the bodies, the scope of the cityscape (scope of the cityscape, that's a good one) was enthralling. I don't want to get addicted to T.V., but I will, indeed, check out what else is on HBO, since it's free.

No comments:

Thursday

Left for the mall and Target a bit after 10:00. Returned the two large towels, picked up two packages of blueberries, then walked to The Mar...