Friday, September 02, 2011

Here I am, once again posting in the middle of the day. Got home an hour or so from Trenton and my friend, Marilyn M. We went to a Trenton Thunder (baseball) game last night after she treated me to my favorite summer meal, a rare, rare, hamburger and an ice-cold beer. The stadium is right next to the river and was pretty well filled. Great fun with the various goings on, although the Thunder didn't make much noise: They lost two to nothing and barely got on base.
Marilyn, that dear girl and good friend, also treated me to breakfast before she had to go to work. I had oatmeal, grapefruit juice, and some superb coffee. After we parted, I drove back to the old Ewing neighborhood and took some pictures of the house we lived in for 41 years. It's been re-sided and, I think, looks good. Stopped at the cemetery and drove around Rider, then left the area. Went to the Columbus Farmers' Market, which is on the way home on Route 206, and picked up yams and leeks.
Just got a call from up north inviting me to the lake and dinner. The others from way up north will be there, and I accepted with pleasure. Sister Betty is also invited, and will probably go, then stay over at my house.

No comments:

Wednesday

It was quite an enjoyable day after all the must-do-this, can't-find-that of the last few.  Changed the bed, washed the sheets, and jump...